An offer template is customizable, based on the offer you wish to send to a prospective employee for their signature and acceptance.
- In the Company section select Documents
- Select Offer template
- Click Build your template
- Choose a name for your offer letter template.
- Select whether you'd like to use your own offer letter template or Gusto's, you will have the option to customize all templates before sending. (While you can't upload your own template initially, you can certainly copy and paste your preferred text to create a custom offer template in Gusto.)
- Click Create template.
- To customize your template, highlight the sections necessary for each candidate (like title or compensation) and use the smart text drop-down to create the fields that you need to update for each new hire.
- The smart text fields will auto-populate for each offer letter you send, (be sure to always include a smart text field for both the employer and employee signature).
- To Insert smart text:
- Go to the text editor and click where you’d like to insert a smart text field.
- Click on the + Insert smart text dropdown, and select the field you wish to insert.
- If you can't find the smart text field you want, you can create the custom text fields. When you're ready to send an offer letter, you'll need to fill out these custom fields yourself. Note: a custom text field will not auto-populate in step one of sending the offer. You will have to manually edit the template in Step Two (Edit Template) when you are able to edit all portions of the offer letter.
Your offer letter template will now be stored in your Documents section to customize and send out anytime in the future.